All praise belongs to Allāh ﷻ and peace and salutations are sent upon the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ, his Household, his Companions and whomsoever follows him, to proceed;
Whilst it is not possible to mention everything about the character of Shaykh Rabīʿ ibn Hādī al-Madkhalī – حفظه ألله – in such a short period of time, this is a mere informative indication and reminder of some of the virtues of this tremendous scholar, may Allāh cure him and grant him a long life upon obedience to Him.
1. His care and concern for the Salafī Daʿwah in the East and the West, and his welcoming open heart in meeting the students of knowledge from every nation regardless of origin, as a teacher and an advisor; a rectifier, a listener and debater; possessing a strong memory whereby he can recall many names of those preoccupied with the Daʿwah and their history and stances towards the Salafī Daʿwah from many places around the world.
2. His braveness in aiding and giving victory to the Truth; indeed he has refuted numerous figureheads, the likes of those with many followers, and whose names are well known; and he has angered countless of those whose numbers have no end, yet this did not deter him and neither did he care. And if he had not produced a single refutation except the refutation against Sayyid Quṭb, then this would have sufficed as an indication of his firm resolve in times of difficulty.
3. His abundant production of knowledge based research across a broad spectrum, and strong unbreakable and firmly grounded, knowledge-based authorship. The first compilation of his works has been printed in 15 volumes.
4. He was not preoccupied with positions or reputation, rather he was preoccupied with preserving the Salafī ʿAqīdah and refuting those who oppose it from teaching in the Masājid or in the homes. He explained many books from the books of the people of knowledge like Ṣaḥiḥ Muslim, al-Sharīʿah by al-Ājurry, Uṣūl al-Sunnah by Aḥmad and other than them.
5. His severe counsel to the Ummah in warning them from that which is harmful to the Religion. He would refute the Rawāfiḍh, the Ṣūfīs, the Ikhwānīs, the Surūrīs and the Hadādīs (the followers of Maḥmūd al-Hadād), and other than them like the Jews and Christians and liberals; refuting them with his tongue and pen.
And what causes the heart of a Muslim to find rest after witnessing the severity of what has afflicted this great scholar from enmity? The attempts to defame his character, and to chase the people away from him and his Manḥaj and that which Allāh has blessed him with by way of acceptance from the Senior Scholars, whose praise and recommendation of him is numerous and their affirmation of his virtue, knowledge and soundness of his Manḥaj is known, and at the forefront of them are the leaders of this time; Shaykh ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz ibn Bāz, Shaykh al-Albānī, Shaykh ibn ʿUthaymīn, Shaykh Muqbil bin Hādī al-Wādiʿī, Shaykh al-Luhaydān, Shaykh al-Subayl and Shaykh Ṣāliḥ al-Fawzān and other than them.
May Allāh preserve Shaykh Rabīʿ and bless him with a long life and cure him from what ails him and reward him with the best of rewards rewarded to the scholars who act upon knowledge and are advisors.
Dr. ʿAlī ibn Yaḥyá al-Hadādī
Shaykh Abdulaziz hafidhahullah spoke to us of his moments with Shaykh Muqbil wherein he found the most delight.
As you know Shaykh Muqbil was a muhadith and his expertise was ilmul rijaal. Shaykh Muqbil, he said, would infuse the love of knowledge within us. He, rahimahullah, mentioned to us how the salaf when they would seek knowledge and travel afar, they would never open the letters sent to them from their Homeland in fear of reading news that would force them to return home and disrupt their pursuit of knowledge. So they hid away their letters until a lapse of many years. They would then open the letters and find that their fathers had died, so and so was passed away.
Shaykh Abdulaziz told us that was one thing the Shaykh instilled in him, love of knowledge and its keepers. Allah have mercy upon Shaykh Muqbil and safeguard the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah. Ameen
Transmited By Abdul Wakil