Shaykh Abdulaziz hafidhahullah spoke to us of his moments with Shaykh Muqbil wherein he found the most delight.
As you know Shaykh Muqbil was a muhadith and his expertise was ilmul rijaal. Shaykh Muqbil, he said, would infuse the love of knowledge within us. He, rahimahullah, mentioned to us how the salaf when they would seek knowledge and travel afar, they would never open the letters sent to them from their Homeland in fear of reading news that would force them to return home and disrupt their pursuit of knowledge. So they hid away their letters until a lapse of many years. They would then open the letters and find that their fathers had died, so and so was passed away.
Shaykh Abdulaziz told us that was one thing the Shaykh instilled in him, love of knowledge and its keepers. Allah have mercy upon Shaykh Muqbil and safeguard the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah. Ameen
Transmited By Abdul Wakil
Benefits from our sitting with the Noble Shaykh Usaamah al-‘Amri (may Allah preserve him) 2nd of Rajab 1437/April 9th 2016 after Salatul-Asr:
1. Importance of being sincere and constantly guarding and having concern for one’s heart more than one’s wealth.
2. The one who teaches is to only teach that which he knows.
3. Shaykh Rabee’ mentioned: “The statement that only a scholar is to teach will restrict the knowledge from being spread and reaching the people.
“4. Remembering Allah audibly after the Salaah is a matter that the scholars differ on into two statements.
1. The Prophet did it for the purpose of teaching the people and once the people learned there was no need for it to be done anymore.
2. It is still to mentioned audibly as this is what the Prophet did as a practice and it’s from the Sunnah that remains. The Shaykh mentioned that this is the strongest position as Abdullaah Ibn Abbaas narrated this Hadeeth and he was young (intending by that the Prophet did this towards the end of his life which shows this was a common practice).
5. The one who truly has understanding in the religion is the one who knows the good of two goods and the evil of two evils. Meaning by this, when a person is faced with two matters of good he knows which one to give precedence to. And when a person is faced with two matters of evil he knows the greater of the two evils so the lesser one is done to repel the greater.
6. Two groups from Africa came to Shaykh ‘Uthaymeen. Each one declaring the other group to be disbelievers over the issue of putting the hands on the chest or not after coming up from Rukoo’. We have similar situations going on today between the Salafis, not declaring one another to be Kafirs but declaring one another to be innovators. The reason for this is them not having a head in the matter of knowledge that they can return back to and debating amongst themselves.
7. Knowledge is not to be taken from one who is foolish, even if he is Salafi. As Imam Malik mentioned there are four people you should not take knowledge from:
1. The foolish.
2. The person of innovation.
3. The liar.
4. The righteous worshiper who doesn’t memorize that which he narrates.
8. Imam Abu Haneefah is an Imam and has virtue, however the scholars of Hadeeth considered him to be weak in Hadeeth. Him being an Imam in Islam, having virtue and us honoring him, does not prevent the fact to be mentioned that he was considered weak in Hadeeth by the scholars of Hadeeth.
9. Studying the refutations of the people of falsehood is from the religion. The Quran has within it refutations. The Sunnah has within it refutations. The books of the Scholars have within it refutations like the books of Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah in his refutation against the people of the Book, the Raafidah and Jahmiyyah, as well as other groups. However that which is blameworthy is that a person busies himself with refutations not studying anything else from the other books of knowledge.
10. The Dua that is made when finishing the Quran while one is making Salaah has no origin for it as mentioned in the Fataawaa of Scholars. However outside of the Salaah there’s a narration on Abdullaah Ibn Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that he gathered his family together to make Dua to Allah after finishing the recitation of the Quran.
11. Reciting the Quran in a group for the purpose of teaching is known as Talqeen (getting one to repeat after you what you are saying to them), this is permissible for the purpose of teaching. As for reciting the Quran in a group like group Dhikr which is done by the people of innovation is not permissible and from the matters of innovation.
12. The Shaykh had advised some brothers regarding the refutations that were taking place between two Salafi students of knowledge not to involve themselves in the matter and return back to the scholars and not him due to him being similar to those students. For his statement about the issue will not be befitting. Rather they are not to take sides, boycotting one or the other due to the two both being Salafi students and they are to be benefited from. However the matter of the differences between them are to be returned to the ‘Ulamaa and not him.
Present at this sitting was: Ustadh Shaykh Ahmad Hamdaan. Abu Muhammad al-Jamaiky. Abu Abdis Salaam al-Juyaani. Abu Aasiyah Ilyaas. Husayn al-Afriki and others. May Allah reward Shaykh Usaamah al-Amri for his hospitality and good points of benefit. Aameen. Written by: Abu Yusuf Khaleefah. 3rd night of Rajab 1437/ Sunday April 10th 2016 Makkah al-Mukarramah
All praise is for Allah. May the Salaah and Salaam be upon the Messenger of Allah. As to what follows:
We visited the Shaykh, the Muhaddith (scholar of Hadeeth) Waseeyullaah ‘Abbaas (may Allah preserve him) in his home in Makkah. He hosted us as guests, may Allah reward him with good, and received us in a good manner. We sat with him for over an hour and a half. He gave to myself as well as the brothers who were there with me precious, valuable pieces of advice and instructions. From them:
1. Encouragement to seek knowledge and striving to attain it.
2. Calling to Tawheed with truthfulness, especially in the lands of the disbelievers, given that the brothers who were with me are from America and Britain.
3. The Shaykh advised us and the Salafi youth not to put oneself forward in matters which are not befitting for one to speak about except for the elders or major scholars. And from the most important of these matters is the matter of Jarh wa Ta’deel, for it is left to the ‘Ulamaa, and from these scholars, is the like of Shaykh Rabee’. He spoke good of Shaykh Rabee’ and said that Shaykh Rabee’ taught him al-Aqeedah al-Waasitiyyah and how he benefited much from him when he went to secondary school in Madeenah an-Nabawiyyah.
4. Then he mentioned matters specifically related to the da’wah in the west and gave examples of how one should use wisdom and gave much advice regarding that.
5. Then the Shaykh answered the questions of all the brothers who were present and they are: 1.) Abu Yusuf Khaleefah Al-Amriki. 2.) Abu Muhammad Naadir (Al-Jamaiki) Al-Britaani. 3.) Abu Abdis Salaam Al-Amriki. 4.) Abu Muslim As-Soori. 5.) My precious brother Hilal Al-Hilaal. 6.) And the who loves you, who is writing (this), Abu Ziyaad Ahmad Hamdaan.
Source: Relayed by Abu Ziyaad Ahmad Hamdaan
Translated by Abu Yusuf Khaleefah
29th of Jumaadah Al-Akhir, 1437 AH (04-07-2016)
Masjid Nur Allah, Queens, NYC
الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وبعد،
فلقد زرنا الشيخ المحدث وصي الله عباس في بيته العامر بمكة وضيفنا جزاه الله خيرا وأحسن استقبالنا ، وجلسنا معه مايزيد عن الساعة والنصف وأسداني واخواني الذين حضروا معي نصائح وتوجيهات قيمة غالية ومنها:
1- الحث على الطلب والاجتهاد في التحصيل.
2- الدعوة بصدق للتوحيد لاسيما في بلاد الكفر كون أن الإخوة الذين كانوا معي من أمريكا وبريطانيا .
3- نصح الشيخ لنا وللشباب السلفي عدم التصدر في المسائل التي لا ينبغي أن يتكلم فيها الا الأكابر ومن أهمها مسألة الجرح والتعديل فهو متروك للعلماء ، ومنهم الشيخ ربيع وأثنى على الشيخ ربيع خيرا وقال أن الشيخ درسه العقيدة الواسطية واستفاد منه كثيرا عندما التحق بالثانوية في المدينة النبوية بعد أن اجتاز الاختبار والذي كان فيه الشيخ العباد حفظه الله.
4- ثم ذكر امورا تخص الدعوة في البلاد الغرب وضرب أمثلة للحكمة وأوصى كثيرا بذلك.
5- ثم أجاب على سؤالات الإخوان جميعهم وهم :
1- أبويوسف خليفة الأمريكي
2- أبو محمد نادر البريطاني
3- أبوعبدالسلام الأمريكي
4- أبومسلم السوري
5- أخي الغالي هلال الهلال
6- وكاتبه مودكم أبوزياد أحمد بن حمدان.
يوم الخميس 29 جمادى الأخر 1437 هـ