*The Love of Scholars of al-Islām for the Sunnah & the Hadīth of the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ*
Our Shaikh, the Muhadith, the Alāmah: Muhammad Ibn Shaikh Alī Ibn Ādam al-Ityūbī [*] mentions in his biography:
“…and from the blessings that Allāh bestowed upon me was the *love of the science of Hadīth*  from a young age. I remember whilst still young in age, that my father used to teach Sahīh al-Imām al-Bukhārī and I would hide behind the wall such that I may hear the reading of the reader. *My heart would then move, in yearning, whilst I heard the reading of Sahīh al-Imām al-Bukhārī*”
Our Shaikh goes on to further say:
“..and during my seeking of Knowledge, *I used to seek the authentic ahādīth in order to act upon it.*  Therefore, I used to raise my hands, while going into _Rukū’_ as well as in other places (i.e during the prayer), even though the _madhab_ of our land (i.e Ethiopia) is the Hanafī madhab, to which its people do not pay attention to acting upon the Hadīth, if it contradicts the _madhab_.”
Translated by the seeker of his lords pardon and mercy:
Ibrāhīm Ibn AbdiDhāhir Ibn Muhammad al-Britānī
16th Dhul-Hijjah 1438 هـ
[*] Our Shaikh is of 72 years of age according to the Hijrī calendar. A Mujāhid in explaining the books of Sunnah. He explained; _”al-Mujtabā”_ of _al-Imām an-Nasā’ī_ in *22 volumes* to which the great; Imām, Muhadith, Revivor of al-Islām: _Muqbil Ibn Hādī al-Wādi’ī_ said, ‘This explanation of _al-Mujtabā_ is upon the same method, style and technique used by _al-Haāfidh Ibn Hajr_ in his explanation of Sahīh al-Imām al-Bukhārī.”, _Sahīh al-Imām Muslim_ in *45 volumes* excluding the _Muqadimah_ which was published in *2 volumes*, _Jāmi’ al-Imām at-Tirmidhī_ currently under publishing to which *6 volumes* have been published reaching Hadīth no. 401 in _Kitāb as-Salāt_ of a book with close to 4000 ahadīth and many other authorships. Our Shaikh teaches at the charity institute of _Dār al-Hadīth_ where he has taught for close to fourty years. In addition, our Shaikh has been honoured to teach at the Grand Mosque of Makkah, _al-Masjid al-Harām_ where he teaches five days a week to which students attend in their large numbers. Our Shaikh is visited by teachers from both the Islamic and non-Islamic world. Recently he was gifted books by two Shaikhs from al-Madīnah; Rabī Ibn Hādī & Ubayd Ibn Abdilāh al-Jābirī.
 This statement of Our Shaikh brings to mind the statement of _Imām Uthmān Ibn Abdur-Rahmān ash-Shaharzūrī_ better known between the students of Knowledge as _Abū ‘Amr Ibnas-Salāh_ in his book, ” _Ma’rifatu Anwā’i Ulūmil-Hadīth_ ” commonly known as _”al-Muqadimmah”_ to which the author states:
_”…and Indeed this science (i.e. science of Hadīth) is from the best of the virtuous sciences, beneficial of sciences, *loved by their males and their stallions* (meaning the scholars and those that swim deeply in various fields of Knowledge) and it is not disliked except by the rejected and lowly ones.”_
 Our Shaikh here is referring to the statement of _Imām Ahmad Ibn Hanbal_ which was recorded by _Imām al-Khatīb al-Baghdādī”_ in his authorship, _”al-Jāmi’ fī akhlāq ar-Rāwī wa Ādāb as-Sāmi'”_ whereby he said:
_”The Companion of Hadīth is the one that practicalises and applies the Hadīth.”_
All praise belongs to Allāh ﷻ and peace and salutations are sent upon the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ, his Household, his Companions and whomsoever follows him, to proceed;
Whilst it is not possible to mention everything about the character of Shaykh Rabīʿ ibn Hādī al-Madkhalī – حفظه ألله – in such a short period of time, this is a mere informative indication and reminder of some of the virtues of this tremendous scholar, may Allāh cure him and grant him a long life upon obedience to Him.
1. His care and concern for the Salafī Daʿwah in the East and the West, and his welcoming open heart in meeting the students of knowledge from every nation regardless of origin, as a teacher and an advisor; a rectifier, a listener and debater; possessing a strong memory whereby he can recall many names of those preoccupied with the Daʿwah and their history and stances towards the Salafī Daʿwah from many places around the world.
2. His braveness in aiding and giving victory to the Truth; indeed he has refuted numerous figureheads, the likes of those with many followers, and whose names are well known; and he has angered countless of those whose numbers have no end, yet this did not deter him and neither did he care. And if he had not produced a single refutation except the refutation against Sayyid Quṭb, then this would have sufficed as an indication of his firm resolve in times of difficulty.
3. His abundant production of knowledge based research across a broad spectrum, and strong unbreakable and firmly grounded, knowledge-based authorship. The first compilation of his works has been printed in 15 volumes.
4. He was not preoccupied with positions or reputation, rather he was preoccupied with preserving the Salafī ʿAqīdah and refuting those who oppose it from teaching in the Masājid or in the homes. He explained many books from the books of the people of knowledge like Ṣaḥiḥ Muslim, al-Sharīʿah by al-Ājurry, Uṣūl al-Sunnah by Aḥmad and other than them.
5. His severe counsel to the Ummah in warning them from that which is harmful to the Religion. He would refute the Rawāfiḍh, the Ṣūfīs, the Ikhwānīs, the Surūrīs and the Hadādīs (the followers of Maḥmūd al-Hadād), and other than them like the Jews and Christians and liberals; refuting them with his tongue and pen.
And what causes the heart of a Muslim to find rest after witnessing the severity of what has afflicted this great scholar from enmity? The attempts to defame his character, and to chase the people away from him and his Manḥaj and that which Allāh has blessed him with by way of acceptance from the Senior Scholars, whose praise and recommendation of him is numerous and their affirmation of his virtue, knowledge and soundness of his Manḥaj is known, and at the forefront of them are the leaders of this time; Shaykh ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz ibn Bāz, Shaykh al-Albānī, Shaykh ibn ʿUthaymīn, Shaykh Muqbil bin Hādī al-Wādiʿī, Shaykh al-Luhaydān, Shaykh al-Subayl and Shaykh Ṣāliḥ al-Fawzān and other than them.
May Allāh preserve Shaykh Rabīʿ and bless him with a long life and cure him from what ails him and reward him with the best of rewards rewarded to the scholars who act upon knowledge and are advisors.
Dr. ʿAlī ibn Yaḥyá al-Hadādī