Question Posed to Shaykh Fuaad al-‘Amri (may Allah preserve him):

Q. Is it permissible for a woman who has been beaten by her husband to the point that he has hospitalized her to seek a Khul’ah?

A. Yes it is permissible for her to do so. She would give back the dowry and be released from the marriage by way of the Khul’ah. Rather if she was in a place where there’s an Islamic Judge, he would dissolve the marriage due to the abuse…”

Beginning of Rajab 1437/ Friday April 8th 2016