Benefits from Shaykh Alee Naasir al-Faqeehi’s class last night after Maghrib in The Prophet’s Masjid: Explanation of al-Kabaa-ir..
1. Everything thing that the person speaks with is recorded. Therefore the person must take account of himself and know that he will be accountable.
2. Tawheed of Allah is 3 categories: Lordship-Worship-Names and Attributes.
3. Nothing is similar to Allah.
4. Aaishah (may Allah be pleased with her) heard some of the conversation between the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam and the woman who came complaining about her husband although she was present in the room whereas Allah heard the entire conversation from above the seven heavens.
5. It’s important that we speak with good or remain silent.
6. Being silent when one doesn’t have any good to say is safety.
7. Bringing about rectification in times of fitnah is good and if one has the ability to say that which is good to bring it about, let him do so. However if he doesn’t have the ability, then let him remain silent.
8. The tongue in times of Fitnah is more severe than the sword.
9. The sword kills one person where as the speech is spread all over the world (and affects are many)
10. The believer stops at his limit whereas the Munaafiq transgresses the boundaries.
11. The good people traverse a good path during times of Fitan.
12. The Fitan which we see today is that which the Messenger informed us of. He doesn’t speak from himself rather it’s revelation.
13. It’s a must that the Muslim uses his/her tongue for that which is good and not evil.
14. Allah has favored you with the tongue for you to use it for that which is good.
15. The one who doesn’t have knowledge, it’s not permissible for him/her to speak (about the affairs).
16. Whoever says “the people are destroyed” it is as if he is praising himself and views himself to have virtue over the people.
17. Pray in the Prophet’s Masjid is equal to 1000 prayers. Therefore take advantage of it and pray as much as you can from the obligatory prayers and voluntary prayers.
Abu Yusuf Khaleefah